What you can do to alleviate the problem
• Ventilate one room at a time by opening the window and shutting the door.
• Check that any air bricks or grilles are not blocked.
• Make sure tumble dryers are being vented directly to the outside.
• Make sure your heating system is working correctly.
• Check out the J & M shop for ventilation products
• Contact J & M for advice and a survey.
What J & M Remedial Services can do to help
• Carry out a survey of the property to assess the full situation.
• Provide you with a full report and quotation specific to your property.
• Carry out the recommendations to the highest standard.
These could include:
• Installation of humidity control fans to bathroom/kitchen areas
• Installation of positive pressure unit to loft
• Check loft insulation is sufficient and fitted correctly
• Repair/install air bricks
The standard is that appertaining at the time of construction and cannot be invoked retrospectively. That does not mean that there is no necessity to install mechanical extraction.
However, in this modern age, houses, flats and apartments are often sealed due to security during the day and this often extends to night as well, for the same reason.